Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Author's Note: Humorous Argument

This is my second draft of my humorous argument. I still need to make the changes I discussed in my workshop group, but I got some good advice. My humorous argument is in the form of a cartoon. I am hoping that people will understand, however they would have to have background/previous knowledge to get it. This is why the venue I chose would be the Houston Chronicle since they would have heard about the incident with the Bellaire Police Department. I want to know if my cartoon makes sense or if I should reword the text on it. Also I'm not sure it is clear that the first half is a close up of the TV the police are watching in the second half. I would like to know whether or not this is clear and ways I can change/improve it to make it clear.

7 comments:

  1. I liked your idea and I thought what you were saying was funny, but I think you could make it more funny and exaggerate the officer's appearances more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The images you used worked really well! I think it makes perfect sense to the audience you are intending it to be for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the cartoon is very well done and that it is very clear that the policemen are watching the issue on the TV in the bottom part of the cartoon. That should not be a concern because it is very clear, and funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellie, I really liked the way you put your humerous piece together. It looks very professional and it was really funny! I especially like the fact that it relates to your particular audience so well! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was good that you told in the humor argument what your topic was then followed it up with the humor. It looks like you put a lot of work into it with copy/paste! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liekd the format of your humerous argument. I think it looks really good. I also like how you were able to incorperate the entire subject into the cartoon that way your audience can understand what you are talking about, even if you aren't there to explain it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great! Your cartoon looks really professional which makes it even easier to understand and see the humor. It is simple and gives the necessary background information. You could add a title to it either on the top or bottom telling where this is all taking place if you want to. Looks good!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete