Monday, April 27, 2009

Author's Note Portfolio 3

Overall I feel pretty good about this portfolio. My original article came from the Houston Chronicle and was about the controversy with Officer Powell's handling of pulling over Ryan Moats. Powell is a Dallas Police Officer and the story discussed how the in-dashboard camera shed new light on the situation. I wrote about how the in-dash cams should be required as they are beneficial to all innocent parties. My OpEd and humorous arguments are to appear in the Houston Chronicle. Some back ground information that is helpful for my humorous argument was recently in Bellaire (part of Houston) a police officer pulled a young boy over for having a stolen vehicle (the vehicle was not stolen, it belonged to him) and they shot him in his front yard. Anyone in Houston would know about this story because it has been big news recently. This is important to understanding my humorous piece. I feel good about the changes I made to my oped after receiving feed back from the teacher and my group. My letter to the editor I feel is my weakest piece as I felt most uncomfortable with this one and was unable to really get into it. Over all I think my portfolio is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment