Monday, January 12, 2009

First Post: About Me

My name is Elizabeth (Ellie) Spencer and I am from Houston, Texas. This is my second year at TCU and I am currently a communication major.
I am taking this class because it is required, however I expect to learn a lot from this course. I expect to learn how to make more clear and persuasive arguments in my writing, as well as improving my writing in general. Most of the writing I do is text messaging. I also write a lot of e-mails, facebook posts, and messsages on post-it notes (mainly for my roommates). I like writing. I have always enjoyed writing because it is a way to express your thoughts or feelings. I see it as an opportunity to convey my opinion or viewpoint on anything at any time.
I belong to several different communities. The most obvious would be the university, but also I am a member of my residence hall, each one of my classes could be considered a community in which I am a member, I am on the TCU cheerleading squad and would consider that a community. I am from Houston (specifically West University). All of these things impact my identity in different ways. I go to TCU, which is part of who I am, and has changed who I am through the people I have met here. Also, being part of the cheerleading squad is a huge part of who I am since it takes up a great deal of my time and has determined the people I spend the majority of my time with.
I think that by choosing colors that are similar to those on the example page, I am making a safe choice, which could be an argument that I am not a huge risk taker. I think that by answering the questions and fulfilling the requirements in the same order as they were presented on the assignment page could be an argument that I am organized. I think that these arguments make me as an author seem to the point.
I have read and agree to the terms addressed in the syllabus. :)
http://elliesblogengl20803.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment