Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Unit 2 Topic

I think my topic for the next paper is going to deal with media's influence in society. This topic is important to me because I am an advertising/public relations major and so the impact media has on society is interesting to me. I also think there are a lot of different ways I could go with this topic and ways I can narrow it. I could look into how different types of media has different influences/effects. I could discuss what form of media is most influential. I could discuss the how media influences opinions and how it influences decisions. There are a lot of specific examples I could explore, like the affect of celebrity promotion of an item on its success/acceptance. Another direction would be the media's influence on the outcome of the presidential election. I am interested to find out whether the way the media presents something determines how the viewer forms their opinion on it. I know this is very broad right now, but I am thinking of a lot of different directions I could take this topic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment